Friday, January 23, 2009

Help!

Maybe someone can help me? I have writers block.

I’ve been chirping about this for over a week now. I’ve tried reading, looking for tips online about “how to get out of writers block.”  And nothing. Nada. Zip.

It’s even taken me a few minutes to get this out.

I’ve been asked to write a few guest post – and I’m honoured (yes, I’m Canadian) and flattered that they would want lil’ ol’ me to write something. By the way…Shh… don’t tell them I’m not a writer.

Thing is, I’ve been given two topics and that’s where my problem always seem to be. I can write away about my feelings, my day, my thoughts, I can make lists! I’m great at lists. Steps “How to blah blah in 10 steps!” I’m great at that.

Maybe I’ll specialize in lists and steps, can you do that?

I’ve been able to write a few articles and pieces over the past couple years and they’ve been good. But for some reason I can not get down what I’m thinking on paper. I start typing and words come out, not sentences. It’s beyond frustrating and I DON’T KNOW HOW TO STOP IT.

Can anyone help me with this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment